PLEASE VOTE EVERY DAY from June 14 to August 27, 2011. The $250,000 grand prize will go to the charity that gets the most votes in the voting round of the contest (June 14 – August 27). You can vote just once per day. We’ll need your vote every day if we’re going to win this thing!
THE FIRST TIME YOU VOTE FOR UTAH PWSA.
The initial setup for voting in the contest can be slightly confusing, but once you get past that it’s very simple. (Thru June 11, each of your votes will “endorse” Utah PWSA for the voting round. From June 14 thru Aug. 27, each of your votes will count toward Utah PWSA’s “vote” total.)
1. Log in to your Facebook account, and go to Account (pull-down menu) --> Privacy Settings --> Connecting on Facebook (View Settings). There, make sure that “See your likes, connections, and other activities” is set to “Everyone.”
· NOTE: If you don’t have a Facebook account, go to www.facebook.com and follow the instructions to set one up. To get started, all you need is your email address. If you are nervous about using Facebook, don’t worry – you don’t need to do anything else with your Facebook account besides using it for this contest.
2. Go to: http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/18 (Vivint’s page for Utah PWSA)
3. When prompted, click the “Like” button and the Facebook “Login” button.
· NOTE: If you are not already logged in to Facebook, you will have to type in your login info. If you keep yourself permanently logged in to Facebook, this will simply allow Vivint to connect with your Facebook page. You may also have to agree to allow Facebook to access your information. Just click "allow" at the bottom if it asks this.
4. Scroll down and click the “Endorse!” button (thru June 11) or click the “Vote!” button (June 14 – Aug. 27). If your vote counted, you should see a page that says “Success.”
· NOTE: The contest software has been a little “buggy” during the nominating phase. You may need to click on the Facebook “Login” button even if you are already logged in. You may also need to reload Utah PWSA’s Vivint page (at Step 2, above) after you “Like” Vivint. If the “Endorse” or “Vote” button is gray instead of orange, your vote won’t be registered. To turn the button orange (so you can vote), try refreshing the page and making sure you are properly signed in. If you have any trouble voting, try logging out of Facebook and starting again at Step 1, above.
AFTER INITIAL SET-UP: VOTE EVERY DAY FOR UTAH PWSA.
1. Just bookmark Utah PWSA’s Vivint page (http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/18), visit it once a day, and do the following:
· Click the Facebook “Login” button (even if you are already logged in): and
· Click “Endorse” (thru June 11) or click “Vote!” (June 14 – Aug. 27).
NOTE: Each time you vote, you’ll need to be logged in to Facebook. You may want to add Utah PWSA’s Vivint page and the Facebook login page to your “favorites” bar.
Thanks so much for your help!